Here are some excellent resources if you are designing for Android Gingerbread or Ice Cream Sandwich.
- My Mobile Design Pattern Galleryhas hundreds of screnshots from iOs, Android and other OSs. I also posted a presentation of The Best Android Apps
- After spending months compiling screenshots for the book, I just found this rockin’ Tumblr site with hundreds of screenshots specific to Android, Android Niceties
- 150 Top Andorid Apps, Editor’s Pick. Note, not all of these have a great UI, but it is definitely worth browsing
- As stated, AndroidPttrns is a shameless copy of pttrns.com, the site that catalogs iOS screenshots. Android Pttrns don’t have a lot of material yet, but I’m sure it will grow over time.
- Zurb’s excellent OmniGraffle Stencil
- Android 4.0 PSD
- High Density PSD from Teehan + Lax, June 2011
- Stencil for Visio- Nope can’t find one. I’ll say it again, the Visio community needs to get it together and starting making high quality stencils and sharing them. If you know of a Visio stencil for a current version of the Android OS, please comment and share.
- Keynotopia for prototyping. I have bought and used this bundle for iPad prototyping and it works well. I haven’t tried it for Android apps yet.
- Glypish Icons are really useful for low and high fidelity mockups
User Interface Design Guidelines
- Mobile Design Pattern Gallery: UI Patterns for Mobile Applications
- Best Android Apps. Keep in mind, best refers to functionality, not best UI design. I pulled the best UI examples from here into my gallery.
- Mobile Design & Development by Brian Fling, free book. This has a really good chapter on Mobile IA.
- Mobile First by Luke W. This is more focused on mobile web, but should be read by all designers tackling mobile design challenges.
Presentations & Videos
- Must Watch, Android 4.0 Design Tips